I kind of was expecting it. Dr. Stone had hired someone to replace me a couple weeks ago and I had already trained him. But the office manager was way nice and tried to stretch it out so that I could work for the whole spring term. Well, turns out that Dr. Stone finally came back to the real world (he's kind of lost in his own all the time...he's a funny man) and realized yesterday that there were two of us when there only should've been one even though I was helping the office manager with things...Well, as should've been expected Brent (the office manager) called me up and told me that I was being let go. He was way nice about it; he's a really great man. He would've kept me on, but he apparently got yelled at by Dr. Stone and didn't have a choice in the matter. But he did tell me that he'd try to have an opening for me in the fall if I wanted, and I could always call him up for a letter of recommendation if I so desired.
So...I'm a little stressed about saving up money for the fall now. That's alright though; I'm grateful for the job while I had it, and everything will be fine. It wouldn't have happened if I couldn't handle the situation. Besides, now I'm home A LOT and I've been able to do things that I wasn't able to before...like actually study the scriptures, and take time to clean my apartment in the morning, and have breakfast, and go exercise, and cook full meals, and draw/sew/quilt. I'm deciding that I'm going to take this as a great opportunity to develop qualities that I've always wanted to have. Plus! Now I can study Hebrew, Greek, and maybe teach myself French...since I have the textbook now...And even Spanish since I've had those CDs for years now...hmm..
It's like Hugh Nibley said, "...no matter how bad things are, we must never stop trying to do what we can to improve matters..." Grant it...he was commenting on Mormon 5 when Mormon decides to command the Nephite armies again even though he has no hope because of their tremendous wickedness...but those stories are in there for a reason and comparable to even my small trials. So things are good :) And I'm trying my best to improve things. :)




Bummer about your job. I'm sorry about that. But kudos to you for having such a good attitude about it. And you're right--learning languages on your own is sorta fun, so that'll be good too. And maybe you'll have some other opportunity fall in your lap. You never know.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about your job but things really do work out the way they need to.
ReplyDelete